Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 13 E-mail Home - New Companion! Elder Davis

Dear Mom and Dad,

First off I did get the package you sent with the knife brownies and fry sauce. Thank you so much for that I really have enjoyed it. This week has been a little crazy because the new elders who came in this week, two of them got double transferred into the other half of martinsville (both elders get transferred out and two new ones go in.) so they have no idea where anything is. My new companion is pretty awesome though. His name is Elder Davis, and he has been out 20 months and is a district leader. We get along very well and enjoy similar things. I actually showed him how to play magic and now he is really into it and loves playing with me. with regards to the money situation, I don't actually get 400 a month. The 400 goes into what they call the Missionary Support Fund or MSF. This is then redistributed and given appropriate amounts to people living in different places. We get 70$ every 2 weeks, so yes it's livable, but if we have to buy anything big or a lot of something, we usually have to use personal funds. So if you could keep maybe 100$ in there in case I need something I would appreciate it. Between food laundry and cleaning supplies MSF is easy to run out of. I will try and do better on conserving it, but it would be nice to have a backup. This week For thanksgiving we are eating with Brother and Sister Goodnight (yes that is there name.) Which I am very happy about as they are both good cooks, but there is a slight problem. Since coming out I've discovered I have a cat allergy, and the Goodnights have approximately 8,743 cats. So I will be taking an extra dose of zyrtec that day hahaha. Anyway the library computers aren't letting me send pictures today so I'll print some off and send them to you. I'm glad to hear everything is going well with Jake. He has been in my prayers as well as my fasts. And Dad, don't be afraid to share the gospel with your new trainee. Remember the promise made in Doctrine and Covenants: "Take ye no thought before hand what ye shall say, but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." I love you all and have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Braken Park

No comments:

Post a Comment