Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 14: The Work is Slow - But, Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Mom and Dad,

This week has been a little rough. Most everyone we try and contact isn't home because of the break. We weren't able to teach anyone really this week, but nevertheless, I had an enjoyable holiday. The Goodnights fed us on Thanksgiving and they are very good cooks. They also played some games with us which was quite enjoyable as it reminded me of our family's get togethers. As for me and my companion, we are getting along very well. We have similar interests and hobbies so really it's been a very enjoyable companionship. As for the christmas season, not many plans other than Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we are spending with members. I will join you in your "What will I give the Savior" I think it's a great idea. Also, when you do names for presents in the family, could you give me someones name? I would enjoy being able to still be a part of that tradition.  So Dad borrowed a RZR and wrecked it? I think it's a sign not to get one. Haha just kidding. Sorry if I don't seem as upbeat as normal it's been a hard last couple of days with the lack of progress. But hopefully things will be better this week. This week all I really need is some love and support which of  course our family has been wonderful at giving. Thank you far all you do and the support you are willing to give to me. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love, Elder Braken Park

P.S. Lukes Baptism had to be pushed back to the 14th so I will send you pictures when it comes.
Also I will get some pictures sent out today.


To FWD:

Hey Everyone!
This week In the mission field has been a little slow, lots of people gone for Thanksgiving, but still going well. Me and my companion are getting along well and are enjoying life together. I hope everyones Thanksgivings were good. I was able to spend it with some members so that was a lot of fun. I hope everyone has a good week this week and remembers to be thankful always not just during the season!
Love, Elder Braken Park

No comments:

Post a Comment