Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 2 e-mail

Here is Braken's Letter to us:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I sent you an email you can forward to everyone sorry I can't write to anyone I just don't have the time. It's good to hear that you're all OK and I'm glad you found those notes from Jesse I couldn't find them before I left so thank you. It sounds like things are getting crazy there if you could get me garret's email I'd really appreciate it. Things are going alright here, I'm really enjoying teaching people and sharing the gospel, but my anxiety is getting worse. I guess it just shows how there is opposition in all things. Anyway, I thought I'd give you a quick summary of the people we are currently teaching. We currently have 4 people we are teaching. A woman named Christina who is a totally awesome investigator and will be baptized on the 24th, another woman named Adrianne who is a little unsure about a lot of the doctrine but is very open to what we teach. Then there's Luke who is 9 years old, and basically teaches us the lessons haha. He will get baptized as soon as his mom lets him. Then there's Elvis, he has a smoking problem but really enjoys feeling the spirit and really likes us missionaries. It's been amazing to see the effects of the gospel in these people's lives and be a part of their learning the truth. But I have even better news, President Cleveland says they have resources to help with anxiety so I may be able to get over this. but anyway I was able to get a bike from my grandfather (the elder who trained my trainer) Elder Lowe for $20 which included a helmet, bike lock, and pump. The area I'm in doesn't really bike a lot (we mostly walk or drive), so I figured it was a good idea. Thanks for all your love and support and I really look forward to hearing more from you.

Love, Elder Braken Park

No comments:

Post a Comment