Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 39 Email: Eating WAY to Much!!

Dear Mom and Dad,


This week went much better than last week! Yes I did get your package thank you so much for that! I made the brownies and I actually shared them with our district so I wouldn't get the Beatus. (lol) But in other news I haven't heard any word on Kalen's baptism so I will interrogate Elder Lawrence about it. I was finally able to meet our investigator who's name is Mike. Dad you would get along very well with Mike. He is a lot like you in the fact that he is super funny and constantly cracking jokes about everything. His big problem is smoking and drinking though. He has cut back a lot and realizes it's wrong, but he really doesn't have a whole lot of drive to quit. So that's where we come in! So he is the only real Investigator we are working with. We are going to be doing a lot of less-active hunting this week and see if we can find more success that way. But anyway! It sounds like it's the same old thing with you guys. Haha I know that things are tough with teenagers but be patient. You got me through it, so you can get Garret through it! So I shared a picture of a giant burger with you. That thing is called the 10 stacker. It's at a place called Charlies down in Greencastle where our district leader is. It is a burger with 10 patties and like 2300 calories, and if you eat it in under 30 minutes you get a picture and a shirt. I made it in 23 minutes! But I'm pretty sure that gave me the Beatus so I hope it was worth it! Oh well the things we do as missionaries for fun! Anyway I hope you guys have a great week and I can't wait to hear from you!

Love, Elder Braken Park

Braken eating the "10 Stacker Burger" at Charlies in Greencastle, Indiana.
That's my boy!
The "10 Stacker"

No comments:

Post a Comment