Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 38: Tough Week in the Field :(

Dear Mom and Dad,

I wish I had better news for you, and was in a better mood to do so. This week has seriously sucked. So to start off no I didn't get your package. Hopefully it'll be here today. Then this week we went 0/12 for our appointments, and one of our investigators called us and told us she didn't want to see us any more. I still haven't met any of our investigators and it's been 2 weeks. We lost our car because they needed it somewhere else in the mission. And to top it all off, I found a nice pair of sunglasses at a thrift shop in Martinsville back when I was there, and have had them all through my mission. Well we went to get in the car this morning, and somebody stole them last night. Not too big of a deal but just enough that I am thoroughly angry. Just one last nail in the coffin for this week. I thought I had worked through the depression I had at the beginning of my mission, but this week it has come back with a vengeance. I have really been struggling. But regardless.... I know I can make this week better. It's just going to take time. Hopefully this isn't a permanent thing and I can figure out some way to work through my recurring depression. I'm going to talk to president and maybe figure out if there's someone I can talk to about it. But anyway I'm glad things went well around the house. I'm sorry I didn't have anything really good to talk about. Thanks for putting up with me and helping me out with this. I sincerely appreciate it. Hopefully we can chat some but if you're busy that's fine. Have an awesome week guys.

Love, Elder Braken Park

(After receiving this e-mail we talked back and forth with Braken on e-mail and he was doing a lot better when we were done).

No comments:

Post a Comment