Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 32 E-mail Home: Not So Great of a Week :(

Dear Mom and Dad,
So first off I'm not going to sugar coat it: This week sucked. Now that that's out of the way I can let you in on some detail. Our investigators have really seemed to be struggling. The member we brought to Tommy's lesson this week really got him a little frustrated so we had to take another lesson and fix it. Also our Ward Mission Leader, who I have had problems with the whole time I've been here, made some comments about me that I have been very angry about all week and I really feel like it's affecting my work. Also I've been really missing Elder Foster as we really had a great friendship, and the district that I'm in now, I haven't really been enjoying. I really felt like I was overcoming my angry side but this week has really brought it close to coming back. I started keeping a "People who need an enemy named Teancum" list to help me vent my feelings. Surprisingly it's really helped. (for Teancum's contributions see Alma 62 or 63 can't remember which). But then all that aside at the end of the week conference made it all worthwhile, especially Jeffrey R. Holland's talk during the first session. I really felt like I needed that one. We watched the first session of conference at a member's house, but then watched all the rest of them at the church as they were broadcasting it there. I did get your letter and Peyton's drawing. Thanks so much for that I really needed that this week. He's so cute I'm glad he thinks about me. It's good to know I haven't been forgotten just because I'm not there. Dad you already had one midlife crisis! I don't think you need another! Hahaha I'm just kidding, I'm not getting involved in that argument. I don't have to be for 16 more months. I hope you have a great week! I will try and get a letter out to you this week but if not definitely next week! I love you guys!
Love, Elder Braken Park

No comments:

Post a Comment