Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 28 E-mail: Baptism Day!

Dear Mom and Dad,
This week has been absolutely insane! In both good and bad ways hahaha. First off Aro's baptism was super stressful because it was scheduled to be at 3:30, but he didn't show up until about 4:15. At least he's got the idea of Mormon standard time down. But other than that it was a great service! The spirit was definitely strong and he was definitely ready. He is super excited to recieve the priesthood and get a calling. Also he spoke at a Why I Believe which is a fireside put together by missionaries for recent converts and he was able to speak at it. His testimony was awesome because he spoke about how his brother didn't want to answer the door when me and Elder Dodd first came but he felt something in his heart tell him that he should answer the door. And of course the rest is history! Its funny we met him on the 10th of January, so it only took him 2 months to get baptised, which is super fast. He is going to be a great addition to the ward. Haha it's funny Dad has to get a CPAP machine. One of my companions Elder Cathcart should have had one of those. His snoring was far and away the most unholy thing I have ever experienced. Hahaha anyway I really hope that helps him and you because I'm sure it'll be quieter now. Anyway I'll get the pictures I have of Aro's baptism sent to you! I love you guys and have a great week!
Love, Elder Braken Park 
L-R:  Elder Foster (Braken's current companion from Duchesne, Utah), Aro, Braken, and Elder Dodd (Braken's previous companion that helped find and teach Aro with Braken.


Aro and Brother Gunnel from the ward.  Aro and Brother Gunnel have hit it off and Aro wanted Brother Gunnel to baptize him.

All the missionaries and everyone who came to Aro's baptism.

The big, bad missionary.... Look out, he'll convert you!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!!! I still laugh every time I think about Elder Foster being his companion. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete