Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week 59 Email Home

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well first off I have seen meet the mormons they did a special mission showing of it and we got to watch it. Haha it would do good in theaters in Utah! Yea that part made me super trunky. Well it's been an.... interesting week. Kevin... Well let's say the S*** hit the fan this week. The Elderly missionary couple came on way too overbearing and said some things that were pretty offensive to him and so we are in the process of rebuilding a bridge of trust between him and the church. She hasn't had her baby yet but she's due any day now. So that was that interesting thing... but for good news, Brenda is doing awesome She has some questions but nothing that's too bad. We also picked up another new investigator named Kyle. He met one of the ward members on LDSSingles and she invited him out to church, and he's come the last 2 weeks in a row! Sometimes it just brightens up your week to have a tender mercy dropped in your lap! Then for an Epic finale we got invited to go to a Pentecostal church sunday night.... Oh man I am SO glad we are members of the Restored church.... Pentecostals freak me out! The whole time they're sitting there chanting parts of the powerpoint to themselves, raising up their hands, clapping, singing, things of that nature. And then the preacher is up there yelling at the top of his lungs about bible scriptures. Wow the apostasy is real folks. So anyway that's my week! Tell Peyton I miss him too. It's getting hard with me on the back half now time seems to be picking up I hit my 14 month mark this week. I'm almost down to single digits left... I didn't believe anyone when they said it went fast. I was like yea right it's 2 years! Well, look at me now... Anyway, Gare! Dude you gotta get your license! Dad is offering you a free car! How do you argue that? It sounds like the way it works for us boys is that Mason and Peyton are the outdoorsy type, Garret prefers to be inside, and I'm somewhere in the middle. I always thought we would all end up so similar yet look at how we've turned out. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Braken Park

No comments:

Post a Comment