Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 50: Awesome Missionary Week! Killin' It!

Dear Mom and Dad,
So first off missionary life is going great! Me and Elder Sneddon are killing out here. We found 2 new Investigators this week! One of them is an Athiest named Jack, who is genuinely searching for peace in his life. The other is a Less active members wife, Chastity, who has wanted to be baptised for a while, but can't kick the smoking. Both of them have a lot of potential, but still have a ways to go. So on to your questions: Elder Sneddon has been out 6 weeks longer than me. He came out June 2013. We are actually planning on rooming together at USU. He has a lot of ins there and can help me out. I already burned a tie for 6 months, You burn a white shirt at a year, a pair of slacks at 18 months and a suit coat right before you go home. (Obviously I won't burn my good ones. I'll just grab some cheap ones from Goodwill and burn those). Yes that is our address. Yes I did hear about the outbreak I was actually wondering about Jordaz and Todd. Good to know they're being put somewhere safe. So on with the missionary work. Kevin is doing so sick. He has rarely missed church, and now there's a member giving him family history lessons. He is so close... He just won't commit to a baptismal date... Ugh! Super frustrating! But I know he'll get there it'll just take time. I would love to grab some shoes, but there aren't really any places around here I could do that except Walmart.... And I'm not about that Walmart shoes life. It's probably best if you just grab some and send them to me. Sorry Crawfordsville is about the size of Duchesne to give you an Idea. Haha tell Dad I'm laughing at him! That's pretty great! But super gross nonetheless. Sorry is it bad if I enjoy others humiliation? Haha anyway I hope you guys have a great week!
Love, Elder Braken Park

No comments:

Post a Comment