Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Week 24: E-mail Home

Dear Mom and Dad,
So transfers were this week.... Ready? Drumroll going!! I am........... Staying in Eagle Creek! But sad news... Elder Dodd is leaving. I will be very sad to see him go we were getting along really well, but I'm sure whoever they bring in will be a lift to the area. So I've got a lot of pictures coming! They are from my last day in Martinsville, to Luke's Baptism, to the snow in the Zone leaders tub, to our apartment. And they one with me is my hair, which has been frozen solid due to a sudden snowstorm that hit me and Elder Rhoton while we were on Exchanges. I was only wearing earmuffs at the time so my hair ended up frozen solid! Indiana weather is something else! So onto the news! Aro is progressing at a solid rate. We are sure he will make his baptismal date of March 8, perhaps even sooner than that! We have had members inviting him into their homes, and the outcome has been fantastic. I have personally seen the power of member missionary work and it is something amazing. we are teaching another guy who's name is Kalen. He is committed to be baptised, but recently we have had trouble meeting with him, because he found out his mom has Breast Cancer. If you could remember her in your prayers, I would really appreciate that. He is having a really hard time right now, but has been doing his best to apply the Atonement and I can really see it working in him. So something I learned this week I'm not entirely sure on but I think is cool and makes me look at the sacrament a whole lot differently, is that when you take the sacrament, you are actually renewing all of the covenants you have made, Including: Endowments, The oath and covenant of the priesthood, and sealings. I'm not entirely sure that's doctrine, but it did make it a lot cooler to think on my temple covenants in addition to my baptismal ones. So my challenge to you will be to try and view the sacrament a little differently this week. It will bring the spirit anew and give you a newfound ability to keep your covenants. It's great to hear Garret is doing well. I'm not going to lie he has been a big worry to me since coming out. I'm so happy to hear he wants to change. Tell Peyton I love him as well! He is so cute! Also How is Jake doing? I haven't heard anything in a while. Let me know how he is doing! So I do have one request for today though. Today could you put an extra $100 on my card? The white handbook says to keep a reserve fund, so my goal is to start keeping one. I'd like to pull it out today if that's possible. If not I understand, just please let me know. Thanks so much for your love and support in this great adventure! I hope you have a fantastic week!
Love, Elder Braken Park
This is Brother & Sister Astleford.  They are the ward missionaries in
the Martinsville ward Braken served in.  This was his first area.
Braken worked closely with the Astlefords and thought they
were awesome!

This is Luke Kachelmeyer and his dad, Eric.  Luke had to have Braken and his
companion teach him the discussions so he could be baptized
because he didn't get baptized when he was 8.  He is 9 yrs.
old.  His dad baptized him.  

Braken and Elder Dodd pulled this prank on their zone leaders.  They
took shovels and filled the tub full of snow, then turned the heat off
in their apartment.  It took their zone leaders 45 min. to thaw so
they could take a shower the next morning.  

Elder Dodd, Braken's companion.

Braken's hair froze solid while out in the weather.  He forgot
his hat. 

These sister missionaries snuck Braken's camera and took
a picture of themselves.  What's funny is Braken said
he didn't even know them and they are not in his
zone.

Braken's Zone

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt :)

L - R:  Elder Rhoton and Elder Dodd
Elder Rhoton's mother roomed with Braken's Aunt Lisa
in college.  Small world.

Braken and Elder Dodd's bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment