Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 22 E-mail Home. Braken Loves His Mission! Yay!

Dear Mom and Dad,

First off thanks for the Calender and the note! I hung the calender right next to my study desk and use it for planning important events now! So thanks so much for that. This week has been an absolutely fantastic week. We got another new Investigator, who we actually brought to the church for a basketball tournament on saturday, and then came to church the next day! The best part was that we called president to ask if we could play with them, and he said it was totally fine! So saturday we played some ball with an investigator. So awesome! Also Aro our investigator that came last week, he came as well and seemed a little off, so I talked with him and asked if he was alright, and he said he'd had a headache all day, but didn't want to miss church because he knew that's what the devil would want him to do! I'm super excited that we get to teach someone who really gets it like him. We are planning on having a member host a family home evening and we will bring him over and teach him and start building some ward friendships. I am excited to see him progress towards his baptism! (Which we have scheduled for March 8th). So Dad, your email today answered a prayer I have been having for a little bit. I have been trying to figure out how to balance time more effectively, between finding teaching and being with members. They are all good things, but we have limited time, so it's hard to fit them all in. Your analogy of the rocks works perfectly with that, so I'm very grateful that you sent that, and I'm sure you were inspired to. I'm glad to hear it's going well with Garret, I do really worry about him. Haha Coach Boban tends to do that to you! That's awesome Mason wants to learn to play the guitar! I'm excited to see how far he can get in 18 months! I love you guys and hope that you have a great week and that all goes well for you!  I am loving it out here! dont get me wrong i do miss you guys, but its ok because its great out here!
Thanks for your support in this marvelous work I am a part of!\

Love, Elder Braken Park

P.S. we are allowed to have Ipods out here I found out, so maybe you could put some music on there for me? only a couple requests for music. lead thou me on by vocal point (the album) and some version of if you could hie to kolob. if you could do that I'd really appreciate that, then send it out.  Thanks for being willing to do that for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment